Departmental Student Worker Account
Students can log into campus computers with their current student account. The only reason they should need an additional account would be:
- They perform Administrative duties. Business emails must be kept separate from student email.
- They need a Banner, Business Objects, AppsXtender or other departmental account access.
- They need access to the files on the R: Drive for Departmental Storage or H: drive.
- They are IT Technicians that need Administrative Access.
Word or Excel Docs can be saved in Google Docs and shared with students.
GAs and TAs are logging into the regular student account, accessing WINGS to enter Grades and the MyGSU portal to do attendance verification. As long as the classes have been assigned by the department to the students EID, they can access what they need.
Please be sure the following has also been completed before applying for a departmental student worker account:
- Hiring Proposal completed by Department for Work Study or Institutional Students OR
- PA completed by Department for GA’s OR
- PA completed for Non-Paid Intern’s (Back ground check must be done)
- Student Completed On-Line Orientation On-Boarding
- Student attended On-Boarding in HR
- Student has turned in all hiring documents to HR
- Personnel Action Forms/People Admin Hiring Proposals/On-Boarding Paperwork must be completed and submitted to Human Resources within 3 days of the effective date of the action taking place or no later than the published payroll deadlines, whichever is earlier. If the paperwork is not received by the payroll deadlines, there will be a delay in the account creation.
Please wait to apply for a student worker account until you have received the email from Human Resources stating that the student has been entered into OneUSG. We cannot create the account until the student worker has been added to OneUSG. Departmental Student Worker Account Agreement **FORM MUST BE COMPLETED BY DEPARTMENTAL SECRETARY, OR IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR. STUDENTS CANNOT APPLY FOR THEIR OWN ACCOUNT**
Once we are notified by Human Resources that the student is setup in OneUSG, we will create the account and email the Supervisor and Student Worker within 3-5 business days.
Please click here for information on the Renewal Process.
Last updated: 3/14/2019