We’re Looking For A Web Application Developer!
Georgia Southern University’s Division of IT Services seeks a dynamic and innovative person to serve as a Web Application Developer in the Enterprise Technology Solutions department. The Enterprise Web Team’s main areas of responsibility are MyGeorgiaSouthern, which serves as the University’s intranet portal, GeorgiaSouthern.edu and the University’s content management system (WordPress). In addition, the team manages single sign on technologies, mobile app development, web analytics and SEO for the University. The Web Application Developer reports to the Assistant Director for the department and requires working collaboratively with other IT analysts and support staff as well as functional users.
The Web Application Developer will also be responsible, but not limited to, the duties and tasks listed below:
- Execute web and mobile development projects under direction from the Assistant Director for the department
- Troubleshoot and resolve web and mobile application issues
- Practice a user-centered approach to web and mobile development projects
- Assist with optimizing performance and user experience for web and mobile applications
- Provide technical support to divisional IT analysts, support staff and functional users
- Follow team development methodologies, including use of the department’s version control system (SVN)
- Utilize the ITS project management system to track project tasks and deadlines
Why Join Our Team?
- Collaborative team of colleagues
- Projects that make an impact on the University community
- Opportunities to attend conferences, training and certification programs
- Earn a free degree with the University’s Tuition Assistance Program
- Excellent health and retirement benefits
- Visit our Tech Careers page to learn more
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One or more years related work experience
- Successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
- Two or more years of related work experience
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Application Deadline: November 28, 2016