Business and Finance IT Services Is Hiring an Applications Developer
As an application developer on the Web Services and Application Development team in Information Technology for Business and Finance (BFIT), you will be instrumental in the development, support, and maintenance of web-based applications and other services for the Business and Finance and Auxiliary Services units of Georgia Southern University. You will be expected to be able to test and validate verify new and modified applications as well as to troubleshoot and resolve application issues. You will also work with members of other departments, both technical and non-technical, to improve technical processes.
The Business and Finance IT Web Services and Application Development team is responsible for web services, application development, mobile development, and application branding. The group is a diverse development team that handles everything from basic web site design and maintenance to custom application development and integration.
This position requires a great deal of interaction with staff in many departments on the Georgia Southern campus. You will need to have the interpersonal skills necessary to build and maintain good relationships with non-technical staff members as well as with your technical colleagues so that you can effectively communicate while implementing new technologies or when troubleshooting existing ones.
Why Join Our Team?
- Educational Opportunities – take advantage of a generous Tuition Assistance Program to earn a free degree.
- Training & Development – we’re committed to your ongoing personal and professional development. You’ll have the option to attend conferences, training and other relevant opportunities to increase your professional skills and knowledge.
- Work-Life Balance – supportive, cooperative team members; work is primarily 40 hours during weekdays with occasional evening or weekends; excellent benefits package to support you and your family.
- Visit GeorgiaSouthern.edu/ITS to learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year of related experience
- Successful completion of a background investigation prior to employment