Interested in Being a Learning Management System Administrator?
In the Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator position, you will do highly technical work related to the support, training, utilization and maintenance of the University’s learning management system, Brightspace, which has been branded as Folio on the Georgia Southern campus. As an administrator of the LMS, you will provide primary functional support to campus users and serve as the highest on-campus, or tier 3 level, support for the IT staff. You will also perform special assignments and projects as determined by the LMS team lead. The position requires being on-call for a week on a bi-weekly cycle.
The Center for Academic Technology Support (CATS) provides oversight, consultation, implementation, and technical resources and support for the Division of Academic Affairs at Georgia Southern University. CATS is a department within Information Technology Services and reports to the Vice President for Information Technology. The department is charged with identifying, promoting and supporting instructional technologies that foster academic excellence by enhancing teaching and learning, improving access and engagement, and building information literacy.
This position requires a great deal of interaction with non-technical staff all across the Georgia Southern campus. You will need to have the interpersonal skills necessary to build and maintain good relationships with these staff members as well as with your technical colleagues so that you can effectively communicate while implementing new technologies or when troubleshooting existing ones.
Why Join Our Team?
- Educational Opportunities – take advantage of a generous Tuition Assistance Program to earn a free degree.
- Training & Development – we’re committed to your ongoing personal and professional development. You’ll have the option to attend conferences, training and other relevant opportunities to increase your professional skills and knowledge.
- Work-Life Balance – supportive, cooperative team members; work is primarily 40 hours during weekdays with occasional evening or weekends; excellent benefits package to support you and your family.
- Visit GeorgiaSouthern.edu/ITS to learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three or more years of related experience
- Successful completion of a background investigation prior to employment
Posted in Closed Professional Positions, IT Services, Positions