System Access Review
System Access Review
Georgia Southern regularly reviews access to its sensitive systems. System Access Review, a semi-annual audit, is conducted in order to remain in compliance with the University System of Georgia’s Data Access Policy (Business Procedures Manual, 12). In keeping with this policy, ITS performs System Access Review for Banner, PeopleSoft Financials, and Touchnet. Keep reading to learn more about how to complete this process.
The Access Review Process
During access review, supervisors will have an opportunity to review the access that their direct reports have to Georgia Southern’s sensitive systems, including Banner, PeopleSoft Financials, and Touchnet. If that access is necessary for the employees to perform their jobs, the supervisor can “approve” the access and it will be retained until the next review process takes place. However, if this access is no longer needed, supervisors can “deny” the access and it will be removed.
Completing Access Review
To begin System Access Review, follow the steps below or use our detailed instructions:
- Click the Begin Access Review button below.
- For each system, click the “Pending” employees button to review access for that system.
- Click the box in the far left column and either approve or deny access for that record using the pop-out modal.
- Alternatively, you can select multiple records or select all records by clicking the checkbox at the top of the table and approve/deny multiple or all records using the pop-out modal.
- Return to the main dashboard and complete review for each system.
- System Access Review is complete when each table shows 100% Completed.
Edit or View Previous Submissions
After you’ve completed Access Review, you may edit or review your selections by completing the steps below :
- From the main dashboard, click the “Completed” button for the system you wish to edit.
- Review submissions here or edit/change previous submissions by clicking the check box in the left hand column and either approving or denying the access record using the pop-out modal.
Class & Role Descriptions
The level of access for sensitive systems are classified in “classes” in Banner and “roles” in both PeopleSoft Financials and Touchnet. These classes and roles are documented in the tables on the SAR interface along with descriptions.
For further information about Banner classes, please review the Banner User Guide, which is maintained by the Registrar’s Office.
Employees in the SAR interface are assigned based on OneUSG supervisory data. If an employee is missing or assigned to you incorrectly, please submit a request to Human Resources to have the supervisory information updated using either the link in the SAR interface or the button below.
Our MyTech Support representatives are happy to help you complete this process. Please contact us by calling (912) 478-2287 or by using any of our other contact methods.
Last updated: 3/31/2022