IT Services is Recruiting an IT Service Specialist
The Center for Academic Technology Support (CATS) provides oversight, consultation, implementation, and technical resources and support for the Division of Academic Affairs at Georgia Southern University. CATS is a department within Information Technology Services and reports to the Vice President for Information Technology. The department is charged with identifying, promoting and supporting instructional technologies that foster academic excellence by enhancing teaching and learning, improving access and engagement, and building information literacy.
As an IT Service Specialist in CATS, you will be primarily involved in providing desktop and laptop computing support for Windows and Macintosh computers and associated peripheral equipment. Responsibilities will range from installation and configuration of hardware running Windows and Macintosh OS X operating systems to troubleshooting issues with these computers. You’ll have the opportunity to consult with CATS’ customers to determine their needs and recommend hardware and software solutions to meet those needs. You’ll also train customers in the use of the hardware, operating systems, and software running on customer computers.
IT Service Specialists need to respond quickly to customer issues and to maintain good relationships with those customers. There will be other opportunities for service as assigned by your supervisor that will benefit you and the customers whom you serve.
This position requires a great deal of interaction with non-technical staff all across the Georgia Southern campus. You will need to have the interpersonal skills necessary to build and maintain good relationships with these staff members as well as with your technical colleagues so that you can effectively communicate while implementing new technologies or when troubleshooting existing ones.
Why Join Our Team?
- Educational Opportunities – take advantage of a generous Tuition Assistance Program to earn a free degree.
- Training & Development – we’re committed to your ongoing personal and professional development. You’ll have the option to attend conferences, training and other relevant opportunities to increase your professional skills and knowledge.
- Work-Life Balance – supportive, cooperative team members; work is primarily 40 hours during weekdays with occasional evening or weekends; excellent benefits package to support you and your family.
- Visit GeorgiaSouthern.edu/ITS to learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree (additional experience may substitute for some of the educational requirement)
- CompTIA A+ Certification and Network + Certification (or be able to obtain these within six months of employment)
- Three or more years of related experience
- Successful completion of a background investigation prior to employment