Office of the Vice President & CIO
The Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer is responsible for matters pertaining to the administration of technology and technology services for the University. In exercising the powers and duties of the office, the Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer will, at the President’s discretion:
- be charged with the administration of all technology systems used by the University, and have responsibility, custody and control of all information technology resources of the University.
- develop, implement, and maintain policies necessary for the appropriate use and operation of technology systems at the University.
- develop, implement and assess effective plans for technology and technical services in the context of University’s mission and strategic priorities.
- develop, implement, and maintain an information security plan consisting of a set of information security policies, standards, and guidelines that is consistent with the guidelines provided by the University System of Georgia.
- provide appropriate and auditable information security controls in accordance with Board of Regents and the State of Georgia policies.
USG IT Handbook CIO Roles and Responsibilities