Getting Started with Zoom
Zoom video and web conferencing allows up to 300 participants to simultaneously collaborate over the Internet. You can attend video or audio meetings, share presentations, hold training seminars, and more from any location with a computer and Internet connection. Keep reading to learn more about how to use this platform.
Zoom can be accessed via MyGeorgiaSouthern. Look for the Zoom link in the in the Events & Planning tile in your MyGS portal. Follow the steps below to begin using Zoom for the first time:
- Click the Zoom link in the Events & Planning tile in MyGS.
- Click the “Log In” button.
- Sign in with your MyGS credentials and begin using Zoom.
Creating a Meeting
You can use Zoom to schedule a one-time or recurring meeting. Follow the steps below to create a Zoom meeting:
- Log in to Zoom from your MyGS portal.
- From the menu on the left, select “Meetings.”
- Click “Schedule a New Meeting.”
- Adjust the meeting settings including your meeting topic, meeting frequency, etc.
- Adjust any other settings as desired and click “Save.”
Invite Meeting Participants
To invite attendees to your one-time or recurring meetings, do one of the following:
- Share the default invitation by using the “Copy the invitation” link after you’ve scheduled the meeting. The information can then be pasted into the body of your Google calendar invite.
- Share the meeting’s join URL with your participants. To find it, while viewing the settings for your meeting, look immediately to the right of “Invite Attendees.” The join URL will be in the format https://georgiasouthern.zoom.us/j/1234567.
Note: Hosts may also access their own meetings from the join URL.
Have questions about Zoom or need technology support? Our MyTech Support representatives are happy to help. Contact us.
Last updated: 5/13/2020