What is Adobe Connect?
Adobe Connect allows users to meet “live” online for web-based meetings, eLearning, and webinars. This tool incorporates audio, video and content sharing to provide a highly interactive experience. Adobe Connect may be accessed in Folio by clicking the “Online Rooms” link and can be used outside of Folio by request.
- Participants join meetings instantly or meetings can be restricted for confidential sessions
- Participants can share audio and video for a highly interactive experience
- Share and annotate PowerPoint presentations and PDF documents
- Share your screen to display documents and web pages or to demonstrate computer programs
- Record meetings for archiving and future viewing
- Lectures, Guest speakers
- Online Office Hours, Tutoring Sessions
- Group Presentations
- “Meet and Greet”, Q&A Sessions
- Collaborative working groups with peers at Georgia Southern and other institutions
Staff and Administrators
Firefox is our recommended browser for Adobe Connect. Safari, Internet Explorer, and Edge are all supported. Google Chrome is incompatible with certain features of the product and should not be used.
A wire Internet connection will provide the best audio and video experience for users. WiFi can cause audio and video lag.
In order to participate in the video portion of Adobe Connect, you must have an installed and functional webcam. Most newer model computers come with a built-in webcam, but if yours does not, a USB webcam can be purchased online or at most major retails stores for about $30 to $90.
Georgia Southern asks that users who utilize computer-based (VoIP) audio capability within the product use a headset with a built-in mic as this will make for the best audio experience. A headset can be purchased online or at most major retails stores for about $15-$40. We recommend that you use a USB connector for the best experience. You should run the Audio Set Up Wizard every time you enter an Adobe Connect online room to ensure that your audio is working correctly.