About Kaltura Personal Capture
Personal Capture is the new Kaltura app that streamlines the video recording, editing, and uploading process. It combines painless recording, automated publishing, and interactive viewing to enable easy video capture in class, at the office, at home, or on-the-go.
- Content creators capture multi-stream recordings of up to three video inputs synchronized with a PowerPoint presentation or screen capture.
- Viewers can navigate to desired content, search through slide text, switch between video streams, and view picture in picture.
This app only needs to be downloaded once, and will allow you to record and edit videos without an internet connection. However, in order to upload recordings to your Kaltura My Media Collection, you will need to have an internet connection.
Here’s a short video highlighting some examples of how to use Personal Capture in your classroom. Note: If the video does not load, click here to watch it instead.
- Use as a study aid for exams by reviewing previous classroom lectures.
- Conduct online training
- Create demonstrations or presentations.
- Make better use of your limited class time. Pre-record your lectures and use class time for discussion & other activities.
- Allows for a flipped classroom approach.
Kaltura Personal Capture can be utilized in four ways: audio recording, screen recording, screen and webcam recording.
Video User Guides
Last updated: 4/7/2021