Join Our Team as a Network Administrator!
The Division of Information Technology Services is looking for a Network Administrator. Successful candidates for this position will function as a resource for the Georgia Southern University networking infrastructure, ensuring the stability, reliability, and security of networking resources working with the Enterprise Networking team as well as other various groups to deploy network services. Occasional rotating evening and weekend hours may be required.
The Network Administrator will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties and tasks:
- Working closely with the Director of Enterprise Networking on unit goals and core projects.
- Performing technical management, maintenance and support of the Georgia Southern University networking infrastructure.
- Procuring hardware and tracking inventory.
- Performing day-to- day operational duties to ensure maximum network system and infrastructure uptime for campus end-users.
Why Join Our Team?
- Collaborative team of colleagues across three campuses
- Projects that make an impact on the University community
- Opportunities to attend conferences, training and certification programs
- Earn a free degree with the University’s Tuition Assistance Program
- Excellent health and retirement benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three or more years of work-related experience (additional experience may substitute for some of the educational requirements)
- Effective communication (written and verbal)
- Organization and human relations skills
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Successful completion of a background investigation prior to employment
- Two or more years of experience managing an enterprise LAN/WAN networking environment (Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, etc.)
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Demonstrated experience in managing enterprise network systems
- Demonstrated understanding of switching, routing and WiFi
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Application Deadline: April 30, 2018