New Job Opportunity for an IT Service Analyst
Georgia Southern University’s Division of IT Services seeks a dynamic and innovative person to serve as an IT Service Analyst in the Center for Academic Technology Support. The IT Service Analyst works in a consultative role identifying, recommending, and implementing technology solutions for faculty, staff and students in Academic Affairs.
The IT Service Analyst is responsible for, but not limited to, the duties and tasks listed below:
- Researching, recommending, and implementing solutions for technical issues presented by customers.
- Monitoring and executing project plans for customers.
- Providing installation, training and support for all computing and instructional technologies in the Division of Academic Affairs including hardware, software and AV.
- Documenting and recommending best practices, processes and procedures related to new and existing technologies.
- Monitoring equipment functionality and age through the utilization of annual inventory procedures.
- Working to understand faculty, staff and student issues and collaborating with colleagues to develop strategies for solutions.
- Gaining an understanding of technology resources that are available to the students, faculty and staff in Academic Affairs.
- Conducting needs’ assessments with customers as related to specific issues or requests.
- Utilizing case management system to track issues to successful resolution.
Why Join Our Team?
- Collaborative team of colleagues
- Projects that make an impact on the University community
- Opportunities to attend conferences, training and certification programs
- Earn a free degree with the University’s Tuition Assistance Program
- Excellent health and retirement benefits
- Visit our Tech Careers page to learn more
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+ certification (candidate must obtain within 180 days of employment)
- Three or more years of related experience
- Effective Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organization and human relation skills
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
- Four or more years of work experience providing IT support to customers
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: January 25, 2017