Join the IT Services Team as an Information Systems Coordinator!
The Center for Academic Technology Support seeks a dynamic and innovative person to serve as Information Systems Coordinator. This position would report to the Associate Director for the department and would require working with faculty, staff and students. This is a customer service focused position that provides support for the campus learning management system as well as other instructional technology solutions utilized on campus.
The Information Systems Coordinator will also be responsible for, but not limited to, the duties and tasks listed below:
• Knowledge of basic and advanced functions of the learning management system.
• Provide Advanced level user support for tools such as Brightspace by D2L; Respondus; Adobe Connect; Kaltura; TurnItin; iClicker.
• Act in a consultative role as it relates to recommending appropriate technical solutions to our customers.
• Ability to plan operational tasks as needed relating to the learning management system and other instructional technologies.
• Develop and document processes related to existing and new instructional technology solutions deployed by the department.
• Communicate with vendors regarding both technical issues (including escalations) and new technology deployments.
• Provide vision and strategy for use of existing products and recommend changes as needed.
• Develop, monitor and execute project plans related to the instructional technologies supported by the department.
• Conduct presentations/trainings in both one-on-one and group settings.
• Represent your team or area of expertise when engaged by other departments on campus.
• Exhibit strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
Review of applications will begin on January 06, 2017.
Why Join Our Team?
- Collaborative team of colleagues
- Projects that make an impact on the University community
- Opportunities to attend conferences, training and certification programs
- Earn a free degree with the University’s Tuition Assistance Program
- Excellent health and retirement benefits
- Visit our Tech Careers page to learn more
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three or more years related work experience
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
- Master’s Degree
- Five or more years of related work experience
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Application Deadline: January 27, 2017