Help Desk Support Technician Position Available
Under moderate supervision, the Help Desk Support Technician will coordinate help desk support for clients of various departmental systems within the Business and Finance Division. The Help Desk Support Technician may be scheduled some nights and weekends.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming incidents and requests related to computer systems, software, and hardware in a networked environment.
- Educate users on issues such as security, virus prevention, and password protection.
- Serve as a resource for other technicians in solving high-level technical problems.
- Supervise student technicians.
Successful candidates will have the following skills and abilities: Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency in support of Intel-based personal computers and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; and successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Why Join Our Team?
- Collaborative team of colleagues
- Projects that make an impact on the University community
- Opportunities to attend conferences, training and certification programs
- Earn a free degree with the University’s Tuition Assistance Program
- Excellent health and retirement benefits
- Visit our Tech Careers page to learn more
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of post-secondary education (additional experience may substitute for some of the education required)
- One or more years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Management Information Systems or related field along with industry standard technical certification(s) such as CompTIA A+ and Network+.
- Two or more years of IT-related work experience; previous customer service experience.
Commensurate with experience
Posted in Closed Student Positions