Three Openings for IT Service Analysts
Georgia Southern University’s Division of IT Services seeks THREE energetic and innovative individuals to serve as IT Service Analysts in the Center for Academic Technology Support. These positions will require working in a consultative role identifying, recommending and implementing technology solutions for faculty, staff and students in Academic Affairs. Two of these positions will be based on the main Georgia Southern University campus in Statesboro, GA, while the third position will be based at the Coastal Georgia Center in Savannah, GA. Please indicate the position of interest in your cover letter when applying.
The IT Service Analysts will be responsible for, but not limited to, the duties and tasks listed below:
- Research, recommend and implement solutions for technical issues presented by customers.
- Monitor and execute project plans for customers.
- Provide installation, training and support for all computing and instructional technologies in the Division of Academic Affairs including hardware, software and A/V.
- Document and recommend best practices, processes and procedures related to new and existing technologies.
- Monitor equipment functionality and age through the utilization of annual inventory procedures.
- Work to understand faculty, staff and student issues and collaborate with colleagues to develop strategies for solutions.
- Gain an understanding of technology resources which are available to the students, faculty and staff in Academic Affairs.
- Conduct needs assessments with customers as related to specific issues or requests.
- Utilize case management system to track issues to successful resolution.
Why Join Our Team?
- Collaborative team of colleagues
- Projects that make an impact on the University community
- Opportunities to attend conferences, training and certification programs
- Earn a free degree with the University’s Tuition Assistance Program
- Excellent health and retirement benefits
- Visit our Tech Careers page to learn more
- Bachelor’s Degree (additional experience may substitute for some of the education required)
- CompTia A+ and CompTia Network+ certification (Candidate must obtain within 6 months of employment)
- Three years of work related experience
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency in support of instructional technologies, including hardware and software
- Successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
- Four or more years of work related experience
- Customer service experience
Posted in Closed Professional Positions