Career Opportunity for a Data Center Manager
The Networking and Telecommunications team is responsible for the network connectivity for the Georgia Southern University campus. The team designs, implements, and maintains University data and voice communications infrastructure, network and data centers, video surveillance, and cable television systems.
As the Data Center Manager, you will ensure that campus data center operations adhere to data center standard operating procedures, best practices, and service-level agreements. Security of the campus data centers will be an important part of your responsibilities.
This position requires extensive interaction with members of the technical staff. Successful candidates must have the interpersonal skills to establish and maintain good relationships with the technical team.
Position is full-time; work is 40 hours primarily during weekdays; evening and weekend work hours may be required as circumstances dictate.
Why Join Our Team?
- Collaborative team environment
- Projects that have a significant, positive impact on the University community
- Opportunities to attend conferences, training, and certification programs
- Earn a free degree with the University’s Tuition Assistance Program
- Excellent health and retirement benefits
- Visit GeorgiaSouthern.edu/ITS to learn more
- Bachelor’s Degree (additional experience may substitute for some of the education required)
- Three or more years of work-related experience (additional education may substitute for some of the experience required)
- Successful completion of a background investigation prior to employment
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Visio Proficiency, What’s UpGold, and StruxureWare, or similar