Technology Purchasing Procedures
All purchases of technology at Georgia Southern University must be made with the approval of Information Technology Services.
Approval is gained in one of two ways:
- when you purchase technology components that meet pre-approved standards, approval is implied
- when you purchase technology components that are non-standard, a specific approval process must be completed
- For purposes of our technology purchasing policy, ‘technology’ includes any component that contains a computer processor
Use of purchasing cards is governed by the following provisions:
- Campus standard software may be purchased through MSD only with purchasing cards at this time. All other software must be purchased through the campus software request process
- Hardware components (except CPU’s) individually costing less than $1000 may be purchased with a purchasing card
- If you purchase a hardware component without review by IT Services, you or your departmental support technician will be responsible for supporting the component
- If you purchase without review by IT Services or your department support technician a hardware component that conflicts with an existing hardware or software component, you may not be supported if a problem occurs.
- Application of this policy and procedures achieves benefits for the University in terms of better pricing, support and service from vendors and lower total cost of ownership.
Adherence to these procedures for all purchases of technology components is required.
Questions regarding the policy or procedures may be addressed to:
Information Technology Services
Procurement and Contract Services
Last updated: 11/12/2015