Email Forwarding in GMail
Follow these instructions to automatically forward your email to another email address.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the GMail window.
- Click “Settings” in the drop-down menu.
- Click “Forwarding and POP/IMAP.”
- This is the email forwarding section.
- Click “Add a forwarding address” to prepare for forwarding.
- Add an email address to which you wish to forward email. Click “Next” when you’ve finished.
- You’ll receive a confirmation to give you a chance to verify that the forwarding email address you just entered is correct.
- You’ll then receive a dialog indicating that a confirmation email was sent to the address you just added. Just click “OK” to continue.
- Have the owner of the email to which you’re forwarding (your own email if you’re forwarding to another of your own addresses) to respond to the forwarding request. Click the link to accept the forwarding request.
- If, for some reason, the link does not work, make a note of the confirmation code as noted in the image below.
- Enter that code on the GMail Forwarding page as noted below in the image.
- When the forwarding email has been successfully added to your list of forwarding addresses, you will receive a confirmation. Click “Confirm.”
- On the Forwarding page, click on the forwarding address drop down and select the address to which you wish to forward your email.
To make the change permanent, click “Save Changes.”
Last updated: 11/10/2017