IT Purchasing Process
Dell, HP, Lenovo, and Apple are providers of standard computer and peripheral equipment. Dell, HP and Lenovo equipment can be purchased directly through eProcurment. Apple equipment requires a different process. The links to Dell, HP, Lenovo, Apple, and Ricoh on this website are provided so that you can determine the equipment, configurations, and supplies that you need.
The actual process of purchasing these items takes place through eProcurment, which is administered by Georgia Southern University Procurement and Contract Services.
Purchasing Apple Products
If you want to order an Apple product you should first get a proposal from your Technical Services Manager (Click here for a directory). Once you have the proposal you may enter it as a special request within ePro (see link below for more information about ePro).
Purchasing Standard Dell, Lenovo, or HP Products and Ricoh Printers
To purchase standard equipment from one of these vendors
- View the standard configurations on this site to make a decision as to what to purchase
- Once you have made the decision you may enter the GeorgiaFirst MarketPlace within ePro and select the appropriate configuration for your cart (see link below for more information about ePro).
- If you have issues using a punchout attempt to access ePro through another browser. If the problem persists please contact IT Purchasing.
If you have questions about the appropriate procedure you may consult with your Technical Services Manager (Click here for a directory) or contact IT Purchasing at ITPurchasing@georgiasouthern.edu.
Purchasing Ricoh Copiers
- Please fill out the Copier Purchase Checklist.
- Email the completed Copier Purchase Checklist to ITPurchasing@georgiasouthern.edu.
- IT Purchasing will provide you with a quote.
- The provided quote will need to be entered as a special request in ePro.
Purchasing Equipment other than Standard Configurations
Please contact your Technical Services Manager for assistance with specifications, quotes, and direction for ordering (Click here for a directory).
Click here for information about eProcurement, or ePro.
Last updated: 3/15/2017