We’re Looking for a Research IT Specialist!
The Research IT Specialist serves in the role of Systems Administrator for the Computational Research Technical Support Department in support of faculty research objectives.
Essential job functions include:
- Configuring and installing computing hardware and software.
- Providing system support of VMware vSphere environments, high performance research computing systems, Linux, open source computing and storage solutions.
- Responding to tickets submitted to Computational Research Technical Support.
- Providing technical advice and expertise to research faculty in support of research goals.
Why Join Our Team?
- Bachelor’s Degree (job-related experience higher than the minimum required can substitute for this requirement)
- CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+ certification (candidate must obtain within 180 days of employment)
- Three or more years of related experience
- Effective Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organization and human relation skills
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or Computer Science
- Completion of VCP5 or VCP6, LPIC 1 or LPIC2 certifications
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: February 1, 2017
Posted in Archive News, Closed Professional Positions, IT News, Positions
Tags: IT Jobs, Job Opening, Job Opportunities, Technology Jobs