IT Services Is Hiring a Database Administrator!
As a database administrator, you will be a member of the Enterprise Technology Solutions (ETS) team and will work closely with the Enterprise Applications and Infrastructure groups within ETS, which are charged with the responsibility of supporting and maintaining efficient operation of the University’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
More specific tasks include:
- Install, configure, and deploy all ERP database-related software, upgrades and patches
- Monitor and tune database and application to ensure peak databases performance
- Troubleshoot and repair performance issues and database errors
- Plan for growth and changes
- Create shell scripts for task automation and help enforce security for all Oracle databases
This position requires a great deal of interaction with technical staff within IT Services. You will need to have the interpersonal skills necessary to build and maintain good relationships with these colleagues so that you can effectively communicate while implementing new technologies or when troubleshooting existing ones.
Why Join Our Team?
- Educational Opportunities – take advantage of a generous Tuition Assistance Program to earn a free degree.
- Training & Development – we’re committed to your ongoing personal and professional development. You’ll have the option to attend conferences, training and other relevant opportunities to increase your professional skills and knowledge.
- Work-Life Balance – supportive, cooperative team members; work is primarily 40 hours during weekdays with occasional evening or weekends; excellent benefits package to support you and your family.
- Visit GeorgiaSouthern.edu/ITS to learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree (experience may substitute for some educational requirement)
- Two or more years of related experience
- Successful completion of a background investigation prior to employment
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ellucian Banner DBA Experience or Oracle Certified Professional
- Oracle Forms and Reports Designer
- SQL, SQL Developer tools and related programming skills
- Oracle database backup, cloning, Oracle data Guard, archive logs, RMAN
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot complete database, infrastructure and performance problems
- Unix, and/or Linux environments, preferably Red Hat Linux Enterprise
- Ellucian Banner Xtender and Ellucian Banner Workflow
- Oracle Cloud Control
Posted in Closed Professional Positions, IT Services, Positions