Forwarding Your Email
Beginning March 7, 2018, All Armstrong and Liberty campus students will have access to their new Georgia Southern University email accounts. You will also retain access to your Armstrong email accounts. If you’d like to begin using your Georgia Southern account for all of your email needs, you can use our Gmail forwarding guide in order to forward new emails from your Armstrong account to your Georgia Southern account:
Gmail Forwarding Guide
- On your computer, open the Gmail account you want to forward messages from.
- In the top right, click Settings .
- Click Settings.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the “Forwarding” section, click Add a forwarding address.
- Enter the email address you want to forward messages to.
- Click Next Proceed OK.
- A verification message will be sent to that address. Click the verification link in that message.
- Go back to the settings page for the Gmail account you want to forward messages from, and refresh your browser.
- Select Forward a copy of incoming mail to.
- Choose what you want to happen with the Gmail copy of your emails. We recommend Keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
Please keep in mind that any historical email (email you received prior to setting up forwarding) will remain in your Armstrong account but will be migrated to your new Georgia Southern account by June 1, 2018. Please continue to access your Armstrong account using your Port credentials to access these historical emails. If you set up email forwarding prior to May 7th, you may receive duplicate emails once your resources have been migrated.
Have questions or need tech help? Our MyTech Support representatives can help you with forwarding email and other issues. Please contact us.
Last updated: 3/16/2018